Last week I posted a picture of this delectable pesto pasta salad on my Facebook page and there were lots of you who wanted me to share the recipe. So here it is...
3 cups packed fresh basil (I used 1 cup fresh basil + 1 tube basil)
1 cup packed fresh parsley
2 garlic gloves, minced
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup pinenuts, toasted
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
300g cooked, cooled pasta
1 cup plain Greek yoghurt
100g semi-dried tomatoes
1 handful baby spinach leaves
1. In a food processor puree basil, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and pine nuts.
2. With motor running, add olive oil and process until a thick paste forms.
3. Add Parmesan and pulse twice.
4. In a large bowl combine pesto and Greek yoghurt - stir until well blended.
5. Add cold pasta and toss to coat with dressing.
6. Stir in semi-dried tomatoes and baby spinach leaves.
This was such yummy salad!! I will definitely be making it again!!